and Implement Employee Benefits Plans
- Identify objectives and recommend plans.
- Produce legal documents to operate plans
and corporate documents to adopt them.
- Obtain determination letters or rulings
from the IRS on plans' tax qualification.
- Suggest documentation to minimize government
involvement and employer cost.
- Develop benefits plans, including:
Advice and Counsel on:
- Administering and interpreting plans
- Tax and liability implications of proposed
- Plan amendments mandatory under law or
regulation, or voluntary
- COBRA, FMLA, fiduciary and prohibited transaction
- Plan investment and funding vehicles
- Plan terminations, mergers, spin-offs and
- Optimizing retirement plan distributions
- IRS and DOL audits
- Negotiating executive employment and termination
- Participant claims and litigation under
- Employer claims against service and investment
- Obtaining IRS approval of plans and correction
of disqualified plans
Complementing Other Professionals in:
- Business acquisitions, mergers and divestitures
- Leveraged ESOPs and tax-deferred sales
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Formation of investment funds with benefit
- Benefit plans for tax-exempt employers